Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bible With A Side of Breakfast


In May, before I came home for a visit, I started a Breakfast and Bible Study (B&B) with the girls who are in high school. We get together on Tuesday mornings and have breakfast at my place and talk about the Lord in our lives. When we first started the girls would barely speak, we would eat in silence, and then if I really encouraged maybe one girl would say a few words. It was like pulling teeth to get them to say anything at all, even to each other. I am not really sure why but the girls here are really hard to connect with. However, since I have returned it is as if someone flicked a switch and these girls are opening up all over the place! I am able to spend more time with them in their home, at church, and in town! It is such a huge blessing and incredible answer to prayer.

When I first came to Peru I said that I didn't want to hear these girls stories unless they wanted to share them with me. A few weeks ago one of the girls shared in our Bible study how at the age of 14 she found the missionary David Bolos and was able to keep her family together. 14 years old and she found a home for herself and 3 younger siblings. Another girl shared with us that she has a twin sister and 3 younger sisters that she has never met and has no idea where they are. She would like to go on her summer vacation and try to find them. Earlier today we had our B&B and instantly they were chatting away about their week and their lives. We are going through the book "Captivating" and most of them had read and were ready to discuss. I am so encouraged daily by these girls.

Please continue to pray for New Hope and the all these young ladies that I get to spend time with!

Love Much! Love Often!

No comments:

Post a Comment