Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sick and Abroad

Hey you who read my blog!

I have been back in Peru for 3 weeks now and unfortunately have been sick for about 2 of those weeks. Everyone here has been so great in helping me get better. Sybil, Fernando, David, and the family I live with have all chipped in someway or another. I am so blessed by all the people the Lord has placed in my life here. Without these people I probably would have already packed up all my stuff and headed back to the states. It is really hard to be in a foreign country and sick. I don't know if you have ever experienced a foreign hospital but it has never really been on my bucket list. :/

As I said staying here while being sick is really hard. I know that great things are going to happen while I am here for the next 6 months or satan wouldn't be fighting so hard to get me to leave. Please continually pray for my health and for all the people in this place who are so important to me.

Great things are happening at New Hope right now! Besides me there are 3 other gringos here for the next couple of months who will be working with the kids in different ways. Pray for their time here to be blessed. Also, I started teaching english one night a week with the older kids in the home who are interested and it has gone really really well! I am so excited about it. Once I get well I will be starting an english class for the younger kids in the home and for the community in the church. I appreciate all your prayers and support!

Love Much! Love Often!

1 comment: