

Gef and Kristy are officially home now. They left last night around 9:00. Throughout the week they were here they truly made an impact on the kids. Every day we ate our meals with the middle age boys and they just love Gef and Kristy. Fredy grew attached to Kristy instantly. All the boys were eager to hang out with Gef.
Kristy and I painted the boys hall. And then Kristy with very little help from Gef and I painted a garden mural. As she was painting the little boys would walk by and say "bonita, bonita, bonita Kristy". So precious. And the hall looks great! The before and after pics are above!
About the second day we were here at New Hope Jorge invited Gef to help bake bread in the bakery. I got to tag along and what an amazing experience. Jorge bakes bread for the entire home every other day! We counted and it is approximately 175 rolls every other day! BY HAND!! Incredible kid for sure! Him and Gef have a bond now that I know will be life lasting!
We took each group of kids on a field trip: little boys to the park and for ice cream, middle boys and little girls to lunch, and older boys and girls to see Avatar. It was in Spanish with no subtitles. Thank the Lord I had Gef next to me who had already seen it to be my English subtitles.
This past week has been amazing with the Finley's. I am sad they are gone but I am so excited for the next few months. I will be focusing the majority of my time and energy on learning spanish until about mid March.
Hi, Lil' Audrey. Anxious to keep up with your mission and pics. Luv you, Aunt Kat
ReplyDelete