Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Day In The Life


Every time I get the opportunity to talk to someone back home I get the "so what is a day like for you?" question. So here it is:

Sunday (Domingo): Church at 10am and 7pm. In between church is lunch and just a real chill day. Just like back home. Just add 40 kids. Ha. Dinner is after church at 8ish-pm
Monday/Wednesday/Friday (Lunes/Miercoles/Viernes): I get to the home around 8am. Head to the middle boys home, they are doing their studies and I do a devotional and study spanish. From 10am-12pm I have Spanish Class with Pili. Right after class is lunch with the boys. After lunch I usually do spanish/english with the tutor (Gladys or Maruja depending on the day). Dinner is at 7pm so sometimes I stay and eat and sometimes I head home about 6pm. Friday night is youth group (which I love) at 7pm and all the youth (from the home and not) come back to the home and play soccer or volleyball or just hang out for awhile.
Tuesday/Thursday (Martes/Jueves): Everything is the same except I don't have spanish class. From 10am-12pm I help the little ninos with their studies. My spanish is about at their level...1st grade. Ha. Thursday nights is church again (prayer meeting) at 7pm and dinner is at 8pm right after. Always eat that dinner.
Saturday (Sabado): I get to the home at 6am and we take a bus with Maruja and one of the boys to the open air market. Maruja buys the food that she needs for her menu for the whole week. I usually pick up some fruit and water. We get back around 8:30 and have breakfast with the boys. Then just depending on the day I can go to my house or stay at the home. It is kinda my day off. I usually try to go into the city and get personal stuff done. Like shopping or just chill at Saga (the mall/movie theatre place).

Any down time I am studying spanish! This will be my schedule until I learn spanish better and until the kids go back to school in March. At that point everything will change! So what I am saying is that my spanish needs to be top notch by MARCH! Be praying!

The picture is of the boys I eat all my meals with. (left to right) The boy taking a drink is Miguel, then Rosmel, Alvaro, Victor, Fredi, and Roberto. We just ate spaghetti so they are all pretty happy!

Love and Joy!

1 comment:

  1. dices hola a los ninos para mi. yo pienso de ellos todo el tiempo. gracias!

    ReplyDelete