Sunday, August 29, 2010

Esther

This morning in church I got to teach Sunday School for the 14-20's girls class. We talked about Esther. Esther has been my favorite story in the Bible for a really long time, but when preparing this morning for the class I realized for the first time how much girls at New Hope have in common with Esther. She was orphaned as a child and was a poor Jew. She overcame her life and became Queen.

While speaking about Esther I could absolutely feel the Lord working in my heart and the hearts of the girls in my class. Generally when I teach or anyone teaches there is a lot of nothing going on in their faces. Today they were looking at me and nodding their heads and responding to questions. I really feel like somehow they connected with the story. It is such a great feeling to have the Holy Spirit move and to be able to see it happening in a group of girls that you love and have such great hopes for. At the end of the story I encouraged them that they can be an Esther for their home, their town, and their country. They just have to be willing to be used by God. And I think that goes for all of us.

Love Much! Love Often!

No comments:

Post a Comment