This weekend has basically been non stop, and bonus I haven't been sick ALL weekend!
Yesterday Sybil and Fernando took me to all the sights in Arequipa that I haven't seen yet. I got to climb a tower in Sachaca and see the whole city without interruption. Apparently the French really like to give giant monuments to all countries because at this tower that I got to climb was a white statue of Jesus gifted from the French. After the tower we headed to a "lake" called Tingo. It was more like a pond, but it is the closest thing to a lake I have seen since the States. We tried to ride one of the boats, but apparently you have to be child size so instead we ate my favorite Peruvian food, Brunillos(insert a squiggly over the 'n'). It is this fried dough with a syrupy sauce over it! Incredible! The next Arequipa destination we ventured to I cannot remember the name of for the life of me, but it was a park that had caged animals. Like a zoo, but horrible and cruel! PETA would totally freak out and free all the little monkey and bird creatures. Again there was a "lake" with boats, but this time we couldn't get anyone to help us, so once again no boat time. However, there was this slide that looked super fun so I decided to give it a go. Big mistake!! It is the fastest slide EVER! It was made of concrete and I guess got real slick and shiny by all the peoples booties who went down it. I think there was a reason no one was going on it. I flew, literally flew down this slide so fast that I thought that I was going to fly into the water, and almost did! Ridiculous, and totally fun! Doing it again soon! Saturday night we went to see 2 of our girls, Judith and Iris, sing at a concert in town. They did so great! I am so proud of them and the amazing women they are developing into! I also moved into New Hope with all the girls for my last 2 weeks. Should be a good time...I hope!
So all that was Saturday. On to Sunday. Church was incredible. I can't totally understand everything that is being preached so a lot of times I just pray and read scripture. And God absolutely speaks to me through His word every time. Today I read a bunch in Luke and Hebrews, good stuff there. Such a huge blessing! After church my Peru family called me their prodigal daughter because I moved out to be with the girls, but invited me to lunch anyway! Then a parade, Peruvian style, which means it was 7 hours long...literally! We only stayed for a couple hours and I got an amazing sun burn, but it was still a fun time. And then church again tonight!
Love Much! Love Often!
No comments:
Post a Comment